.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tatvadnyan

Thoughts on life, as we weave our way through it.

(All Rights Reserved for all content)

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Timing

Timing, I have realised, is a state of mind. Or atleast an indicator of the contrast between what the mind wanted, and what reality presented. Our judgements about "timing" reflect how much we wanted something. The more extreme the reaction, the greater our desire. You want to go for a dinner with your spouse on your wedding anniversary, and your parents show up just as you are about to leave. Good timing for you and your parents, probably not timing for your spouse. Of course.. if it was your spouse's parents showing up, it would have been bad timing for you.. and all good news on the other end.. hm?
My mind's bit bent out of shape today due to some jet lag so this post shall end soon. But I wanted to write about this because I started, and lived my day very wierdly. I woke at 3, dozed off at four, had a few good dreams, woke up late, was jolted out of sleep by the shower that refused to spit out warm water initially, forgot the combination to my bag's lock, but remembered it just as i was about to break the bag's zipper, skipped breakfast, but reached office in the nick of time for a meeting, felt brain-dead during a meeting at 4 pm, but was perked up two hours later after hearing the wind scream outside my hotel's 46th floor gym while I jogged for a little longer than I normally can.. in the end, i realised it really didn't matter whether the timing of the event was good or not. Even if the timing was bad, the moment is gone.. all that remains is your reaction to what you wanted and what happened...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home