.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tatvadnyan

Thoughts on life, as we weave our way through it.

(All Rights Reserved for all content)

Friday, January 27, 2006

Moody Mondays and Bluesy Fridays

Once upon a time, on a rainy day in June my parents took me as a kicking and screaming 3 year old to my first day in school. 25 years later, as I got up today, I got the same feeling. Probably my office will need to hire wild horses to drag me there today.

Fridays and Mondays have never been favourite days of mine. When I was a workaholic, I used to hate Fridays - I dreaded dropping whatever I was working on for 2 days, and then scractching my head after returning back on Monday, to figure out where I had left off - and consequently, I used to hate Mondays too. The weekend was just one big interruption in my flow of thoughts, and those two days bore the brunt of my hatred and displeasure.

I am no longer a workoholic, having realised the world was passing by while I was hunched up in front of the computer. I realised I had to get a hold of myself before I started calling my computer by pet names. And so I stepped out of my self-created shell, and smelt the fresh air, took to exercising, read books and started going to places and talking to people (unlike chatting like in the old days). Weekends have become more fun now, even thought I still have to do the usual dull things like throwing the garbage, washing my clothes and stocking up on groceries. Despite those tasks, there are many more things to do now, and suddenly 48 hours seem too less some times.

And the the circle is complete. My fridays are full of anticipation and planning for the weekend, and Mondays are filled with resentment. The weekdays now seem like an interruption between weekends. Dont get me wrong, I love my work. But having found what I had missed out for so long, I suddenly feel a longing to make up for lost time, go on all the treks I could have gone upon, fly to different cities I have always wanted to see, and meet the people I have not met. It becomes hard to stop reading a book at 11.45 PM on a Sunday night becuase you have to wake up to go to work on Monday.

Some people I know have a different take on this. Come friday, and I hear them lamenting "Man.. I am headed out for my second job now. The wife and kids need things done around the house." Thankfully, I have none of that ;=)

1 Comments:

Blogger Luv2cook said...

C'mon..you and not a a workaholic? I don't believe it one bit :).

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home