.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tatvadnyan

Thoughts on life, as we weave our way through it.

(All Rights Reserved for all content)

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The spice of life

Change is the spice of life, or so they say.. I certainly like variety. Nothing like a bit of marinara sauce after having tasted Heinz tomato ketchup for weeks on end. Or a trip to Florida after having shovelled bundles of snow during winter. Its all good and welcome, except when there's too much of it, and when its in the places where you least want it. Like too much spice, you start getting ulcers some day. Especially when the changes all kinda jump on you at the same time..


Thats when you need to start learning how to sidestep some things and take others head-on.
My life is currently in such a phase. Changes everywhere I see them. In my software (I am a developer), in my life (I am changing apartments, I am also changing room mates, but thats a story for another day), in my food (I am not sure what I can eat any more. Being an obese fellow, I have started watching my diet) ..

Some days you just wind up saying "Oh what the heck. I am fed up", while on others you say "Hmm. lemme see what my pal ABC has to say about this". The former is when we go deeper into the quicksand of frustration and the latter is when we atleast get some relief. A pressure cooker would burst if it couldnt atleast let off some steam. All my life, my friends have been that outlet for me. Not that I scald them with my internal stress and pressure. Just that speaking to them makes me cool down and think more about whats really bugging me. Is it the food that was eating till yesterday until I found it had 1500 cals per serving? Or is it my apartment's leasing office dragging their feet in assigning me a new place to stay. Or maybe, its the uncertainty of the fact that I dont know where I will be living next week. And with whom. Maybe its the fact that while I am juggling these balls in my head in my evenings, I am also redesigning some of my software in the day time when I work in the office, thus leaving practically no time for my poor brain to rest.. Maybe that is it.. Maybe my brain's yelling out at me, "For heaven's sake man, cut me some slack"..

All I hope is this changes soon.

As they say too, the only constant is change...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home